Minutes from the Developer Membership Board meeting - 2013-06-03

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 7 15:57:56 UTC 2013


== 2013-06-03 ==

 * Chair: Laney

 * Present: barry, bdrung, micahg, stgraber, tumbleweed

 * Log: http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2013/ubuntu-meeting.2013-06-03-15.01.log.html

=== Review of previous action items ===

The discussion about "Review of previous action items" started at 15:04.

 * '''bdrung to write up a short summary of sweetshark's recent sponsorship''': Done
 * '''barry to conduct sweetshark ppu vote on ubuntu-dmb list''': Done. We
   established that this hasn't been communicated yet. ''ACTION:'' barry to
   send outcome of sweetshark ppu vote
 * '''all: review separation of ppu from membership''': Laney has posted a
   public version of a previously DMB-internal proposal at
   http://pad.ubuntu.com/dmb-ppu-membership-proposal - all DMB members and
   interested parties are encouraged to read/amend/comment before 2013-06-17.
  There are outstanding questions to be resolved, and tasks to be signed up for.
   ''ACTION:'' everyone read and amend
   http://pad.ubuntu.com/dmb-ppu-membership-proposal, and sign up for the
   implementation tasks.

=== Adjusting dynamic PPU to make being a DD and an Ubuntu Developer of any
    kind the prerequisite, instead of PPU. ===

The discussion about "Adjusting dynamic PPU to make being a DD and an Ubuntu
Developer of any kind the prerequisite, instead of PPU." started at 15:08.

  * ''LINK:'' https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2013-May/000483.html 

For this experimental procedure, we currently require DDs to be PPU already.
This is an anomaly; we should just require applicants to be Ubuntu developers.
Everyone present agreed without a formal vote.

  * ''ACTION:'' laney to update DD-PPU process to say that any ubuntu-dev is eligible

=== MOTU Application - Matt Fischer ===

The discussion about "MOTU Application - Matt Fischer" started at 15:14.

  * ''Vote:'' should mfisch join ~motu? (Carried)
  * Motion carried (For/Against/Abstained 6/0/0)

=== MOTU application - Dmitry Shachnev ===

The discussion about "MOTU application - Dmitry Shachnev" started at 15:50.

  * ''Vote:'' should mitya57 join ~motu? (Carried)
  * Motion carried (For/Against/Abstained 6/0/0)
  * ''ACTION:'' laney to add mfisch and mitya57 to motu

=== AOB ===

We received an enquiry from Daniel Pocock about getting upload rights. Laney
was looking around for someone to reply. bdrung, being a sporting chap,
volunteered.

  * ''LINK:'' https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2013-June/000491.html
  * ''ACTION:'' bdrung to reply to Daniel Pocock on devel-permissions

Cheers,

-- 
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]
Ubuntu Developer                                   [ laney at ubuntu.com ]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-news-team/attachments/20130607/3f33754d/attachment.pgp>


More information about the Ubuntu-news-team mailing list