Discourse +5

Silver Fox silver-fox at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 6 11:15:20 UTC 2013

Hello,

I think the testing has gone well and a lot of feedback has been given to
the developers.  It is now up to them to do what they want with it.  I
would like to look at the software again in 12 months or so after some of
the "kinks" have been worked out.

Can you explain what you mean by a bridge between mailing lists, the forum
and the other channels? Are you trying to suggest a merger onto a single
platform?

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:

>  Hi folks
>
> [resending with corrected email address]
>
> Just a quick note in support of Jorge Castro's pitch to build momentum
> around Discourse, and to thank those of you who've made time to get
> involved. We've always had a very wide diversity of channels of
> communication in the project, and I think that remains a healthy view. What
> has me excited about Discourse is that it might be a bridge between forums,
> mailing lists and a couple of other channels.
>
> Jorge put up a brassy 'let's just do it' post on Planet, today. I'm
> inspired by the spirit of that, and keen to help. If you're keen too, let's
> JFDI!
>
> Mark

Ubuntu Forums Council Member
Ubuntu Membership Board Member