Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2013-02-26

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Feb 26 17:12:31 UTC 2013

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/02/26/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 26 Feb, 2013|20130226
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  R/master: upstream landed a patch for the ipv6 stack alignment problem
- waiting
  for it to enter linux-next or stable before picking it up.
  Trying to make the binary pvr omap4 module to work with the
  upstream kernel (but so far no success).

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || apw       || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-delta-review               || 3 work items ||
  ||           || foundations-r-secure-boot             || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-aarch64                 || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements || 1
work item ||
  || ogasawara || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 2 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-version-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
  ||           || hardware-r-arm-kernel-maintenance     || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || hardware-r-kernel-misc                || 1 work item  ||
  || ppisati   || hardware-r-kernel-config-review       || 1 work item  ||
  || smb       || servercloud-r-libvirt                 || 1 work item  ||
  ||           || servercloud-r-xen                     || 2 work items ||
  || rtg       || hardware-r-delta-review               || 1 work item  ||
  The above summarizes the remaining work items owned by individuals on
  our team for the rest of the cycle.

  We have recently uploaded the 3.8.0-7.16 Raring kernel.  This upload
  contains a fix for CVE-2013-1763 and config updates following a full
  v3.8 config review.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Raring:
    * Thurs Mar 07 - 13.04 Feature Freeze (~1 week)
    * Thurs Mar 21 - 13.04 Beta Freeze (~3 weeks)
    * Thurs Mar 28 - 13.04 Beta Release (~4 weeks)

  == 2013-02-26 (weekly) ==
  Currently we have 36 CVEs on our radar, with 6 CVEs added and 5 CVEs
retired this week.
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Quantal/Precise/Oneiric/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Status for the main kernels, until tiday (Feb. 26):
    *   Hardy - Nothing this cycle
    *   Lucid - In Prep; (2 commits)
    * Oneiric - In Prep; 4 upstream releases; (68 commits)
    * Precise - In Prep; 2 upstream releases; (197 commits)
    * Quantal - In Prep; 2 upstream releases; (175 commits)

  Due to an high priority CVE, all the stable kernels are being respined
this week.
  Current opened tracking bugs details:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
    * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
  Future stable cadence cycles:
    * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseInterlock

  Note: The week of March 28 is the week the last Hardy and Oneiric
kernels may be built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
  No open discussions.