Need some extra help with UWN from Oct 10 through Nov 3

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 18 18:20:27 UTC 2012

Hello News friends!

We have some exceptional volunteers working with the Ubuntu Weekly
Newsletter (UWN), but lately I've been the one making sure this is all
coordinated and we get releases out on time.

This won't be possible for me during much of October, I'm doing some
traveling[0],[1] and my Internet access from Oct 10 through at least
Nov 3[2] will be severely limited.

Amber Graner, Nathan Handler and José Antonio Rey have all done the
actual news releases in the past and I'll be updating them on current
processes. But I don't want the bulk of work to land on the folks who
hit the "Send" button each Monday, so I'm looking for volunteers who I
can help train on the whole weekend process from determining which
links collected are ones we keep through initial edits and move of
summaries from the Google doc to the wiki to updating the stats. It's
best if you're able to use IRC since much of the work is
collaboratively done there, but if you're diligent with checking email
on weekends we can make it work.

Please let me know if you're interested, either via email or dropping
by #ubuntu-news on freenode and getting my attention (my nick is
pleia2). It would be great to have folks join me for the next three
weeks I'll be around so you can get used to the flow before I
disappear :)

Thanks everyone.

[0] I’m going to Ghana to deploy Edubuntu!
http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=6753

[1] Ubuntu Developer Summit, Copenhagen, 29th Oct – 1st Nov 2012
http://uds.ubuntu.com/

[2] I may also be going to Philadelphia the week following November
3rd, still working out plans

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com