Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-10-16

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Oct 16 19:26:00 UTC 2012

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/10/16/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 16 Oct, 2012|20121016
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  Nothing new this week.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

  With 12.10 scheduled to release this Thurs Oct 18, we do not foresee any
  critical kernel bugs which would warrant an upload and require a respin
  of images.  All patches currently queued will be available in the first
  kernel SRU following 12.10's release.  Some of these queued patches
  include the v3.5.6 and v3.5.7 upstream stable patch sets as well as
  additional misc bug fixes.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Thurs Oct 18 - 12.10 Final (2 days!)
   * UDS-R - Oct 29 - Nov 1

  == 2012-10-16 (weekly) ==

  Currently we have 36 CVEs on our radar, with 1 CVE added and 1 CVE
retired this week.

  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
      * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (October 16):
   * Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
   * Lucid - In Preparation; 0 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s); (156
commits)
   * Oneiric - In Preparation; 0 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s);
(156 commits)
   * Precise - In Preparation; 0 CVEs; 1 upstream stable release(s);
(115 commits)
  Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html
  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html
  Future stable cadence cycles:
   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
  The following two meetings will be cancelled due to UDS.