Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-08-28

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Aug 28 19:44:51 UTC 2012

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/08/28/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 28 Aug, 2012|20120828
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
  No new update this week.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
  Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
  || apw         || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 3 work item  ||
  ||             || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review  || 3 work items ||
  ||             || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 1 work item  ||
  ||             || desktop-q-clean-old-kernels     || 1 work item ||
  || cking       || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 1 work item  ||
  || ogasawara   || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 4 work items ||
  || tgardner    || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 1 work item  ||
  If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work items.

  We've recently uploaded the 3.5.0-13.13 Quantal kernel to the release
  pocket.  This upload most notably provides a rebase to the v3.5.3
  upstream stable release.  This was also uploaded to the q-lts-backport
  [1] PPA to help facilitate testing of the 12.10 kernel in 12.04.  We
  welcome anyone to please install, test, and let us know your feedback.
  [1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
  Note that we are 2 days away from Beta-1 Freeze and ~1 week away from
  Beta-1 intself.  I do not foresee any further uploads before Thursday,
  ie. Beta-1 Freeze.  If there are any critical fixes which need to land,
  we need to know now.  Any uploades after Beta-1 Freeze will require
  approval from the release team.
  Important upcoming dates:
   * Thurs Aug 30 - Beta 1 Freeze (2 days)
   * Thurs Sept 6 - Beta 1 (~1 week)

  == 2012-08-28 (weekly) ==
  Currently we have 88 CVEs on our radar, with two CVEs added and two
CVEs retired this week.
  See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
  Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy  ===
  Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (August 28):
   * Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
   * Lucid - In Testing; 3 CVEs; (6 commits)
   * Natty - Ready for -updates; 1 CVEs; (4 commits)
   * Oneiric - In Testing; 1 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s); (98
commits)
   * Precise - In Testing; 0 CVEs; 3 upstream stable release(s); (167
commits)

  Current opened tracking bugs details:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

  For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
   * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

  Future stable cadence cycles:
   * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

  NOTE: next week is the week the last Natty kernel will be built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
  No open discussion.