Ubuntu Manual: Call for authors

John Xygonakis john at ubuntu-manual.org
Sun Aug 12 18:26:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

Ubuntu Manual Project is preparing for the 12.10 series.

If you haven't heard about our project, it focuses in creating **a
comprehensive beginners manual for the Ubuntu operating system.
The manual is written under an open source license and branded as "Getting
Started with Ubuntu ".
Ubuntu Manual is accessible via:

   - Official website: http://ubuntu-manual.org
   - Ubuntu Software Center
   - Lulu.com, in printed version

We have a firm base of contributors (authors, editors, translators) and we
want more people to work with us to make 12.10 manual awesome.

The sections and chapters that are available for authors are:

   - Ubuntu Desktop
   - Working with Ubuntu
      - Viewing and editing photos
      - Reading and compositing mail
      - Browsing the web
      - Getting online
   - Learning More

People who are interested should check openings page, and drop us a mail if
there is any question: http://ubuntu-manual.org/jobs

For those who want to ask questions, get involved or are curious i strongly
recommend them to subscribe to our mailing list
 and send their mails there: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-manual

"Getting started with Ubuntu 12.10" is schedule to be release late October,
i.e together with the Ubuntu 12.10 release.

Thank you for your time !

--
John Xygonakis

Ubuntu Manual Author Coordinator