Fwd: Community site downtime announcement

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 10 20:09:21 UTC 2012

FYI!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Jones <chris.jones at canonical.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Subject: Community site downtime announcement
To: ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com, loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com,
hosting-announce at lists.ubuntu.com

Hi,

Canonical is in the process of moving out of one data centre and into
a new one.

Unfortunately this will require downtime for some of the Ubuntu
community services hosted in the old data centre.

The downtime window will start at 07:00 UTC on Saturday 18th August
2012 and last up to 12 hours (i.e. until 19:00 UTC) but we will do our
best to minimise the actual downtime.

The services are:

blog.ubuntu-fi.org
blog.ubuntu-women.org
brainstorm.ubuntu.com
dc.ubuntu-us.org
ddebs.ubuntu.com
design.ubuntu.com
developer.ubuntu.com
font.ubuntu.com
forum.ubuntu-fi.org
forum.ubuntu-it.org
forums.ubuntu.com
harvest.ubuntu.com
help.ubuntu-it.org
help.ubuntu.com
hwdb.ubuntu.com
hwe.ubuntu.com
irclogs.ubuntu.com
jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com
juju.ubuntu.com
kernel.ubuntu.com
lists.ubuntu.com
loco.ubuntu.com
lococouncil.ubuntu.com
mago.ubuntu.com
maps.ubuntu.com
merges.ubuntu.com
michigan.ubuntu-us.org
mirror.qa.ubuntu.com
mirrors.ubuntu.com
package-import.ubuntu.com
packages.ubuntu.com
pastebin.ubuntu.com
patches.ubuntu.com
planet.ubuntu-it.org
planet.ubuntu.com
popcon.ubuntu.com
qa.ubuntu.com
release-blog.ubuntu.com
screencasts.ubuntu.com
testcases.qa.ubuntu.com
torrent.ubuntu.com
translations.ubuntu.com
ubuntu-it.org
ubuntuforums.org
ubuntustudio.org
uds.ubuntu.com
unity.ubuntu.com
wiki.ubuntu-it.org
wiki.ubuntu-women.org
wiki.xubuntu.org
www.edubuntu.org
www.ubuntu-au.org
www.ubuntu-br.org
www.ubuntu-ie.org
www.ubuntu-it.org
www.ubuntu-ve.org
www.ubuntustudio.org
www.xubuntu.org
LoCo DNS updates *only* (DNS resolution will still work)

Other Ubuntu services (such as the package archive and CD images
servers, Ubuntu SSO, Ubuntu One etc.) will *NOT* be affected.

Please accept our apologies for the interruption to these services and
the short notice of the interruption. Unfortunately due to
circumstances outside of our control we a) have a very short window in
which to do the move and b) have been unable to finalise the timing
until very recently.

If you have any questions or if this downtime window is likely to
cause severe issues for your project/users, please contact me.

Cheers,

--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at canonical.com