Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-04-24

Joseph Salisbury joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Apr 24 17:14:56 UTC 2012

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/04/24/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 24 Apr, 2012|20120424
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
 nothing new to report this week

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

 The Precise kernel is currently frozen and we are gearing up for release
 this Thurs Apr 24.  Release candidate images are already available.  We
 have prepared a day-0 kernel upload that contains a few bug fixes which
 we would like to have immediately available to users.  We will upload the
 day-0 kernel to precise-proposed today and it will be pocket copied to
 precise-updates.  I then intend to hand the maintenance responsibilities
 of the Precise kernel over to the Stable Maintenance Kernel Team on
 Friday.
 Important upcoming dates:
  * Thurs Apr 26 - Final Release (2 days! \o/)

 Currently we have 76 CVEs on our radar, with 5 new CVEs added this week.
 See the CVE matrix for the current list:

 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html

 Overall the backlog has increased slightly slightly this week:

 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
 * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

 This week sees the vestages of maverick dropping from the tracker.

Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy  ===

 Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (Apr. 24):

  * Hardy    - 2.6.24-31.101 - Nothing last cycle
  * Lucid    - 2.6.32-41.88  - In updates
  * Natty    - 2.6.38-14.58  - In updates
  * Oneiric  - 3.0.0-19.32   - Regression testing

 Current opened tracking bugs details:
  * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
  * http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

 Future stable cadence cycles:
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseInterlock

 Due to this being release week and people get testy when we upload
 a barrage of SRU kernels, we are starting the next cadence cycle
 next week. This also works out conveniently making UDS week a
 bug verification week.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussions.