Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-04-03
joseph.salisbury at canonical.com
Tue Apr 3 17:20:40 UTC 2012
= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/04/03/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 03 Apr, 2012|20120403
=== ARM Status ===
P/omap4: mainly config changes trying to mimic master/generic config as
much as possible. The dss/video issue (lp963512) found in the previous
rebase is still unresolved (waiting for a new panda board since my own
broke down exactly the day after the issue came up) - for the time being
(kernel freeze) we are gonna stay with 3.2.0-1411.14 as it is good and
no one complained about it, but as soon as i get the new board, it'll be a
lp971091 ("Pandaboard ES freezes with the default CPU scaling governor
ondemand"): i'm investigating this one with the reporter (sending debug
=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
* Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the
=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-p-kernel-config-review || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-versions-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
apw and I are aware of our work items, we'll get them closed before final.
=== Blueprint: hardware-p-kernel-power-management ===
* Unity 2D vs 3D on Precise Beta 2 measurements
* And that wraps up these Blueprint items for Precise.
=== Status: Precise Development Kernel ===
Kernel Freeze is this Thurs Apr 5. I've already began prepping our
final upload prior to freeze and plan to upload after the meeting. If
they are any patches which need to land, let us know immediately. After
Kernel Freeze, all patches are subject to our SRU policy and uploads
will only be granted at the discression of the release team.
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Apr 5 - Kernel Freeze (~2 days)
* Thurs Apr 12 - Final Freeze (~1 week)
* Thurs Apr 19 - Release Candidate (~2 weeks)
* Thurs Apr 26 - Final Release (~3 weeks)
=== Status: CVE's ===
Currently we have 72 CVEs on our radar, with one new CVE added this week.
See the CVE matrix for the current list:
Overall the backlog has increased by one CVE this week:
=== Status: Stable, Security, and Bugfix Kernel Updates -
Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (Apr. 03):
* Hardy - 2.6.24-31.101 - Nothing this cycle
* Lucid - 2.6.32-41.88 - Verification; 52 commits in total.
* Maverick - 2.6.35-32.68 - Verification; 9 commits in total. NOTE:
THIS IS THE LAST MAVERICK KERNEL!
* Natty - 2.6.38-14.58 - Verification; 12 commits in total. Mostly
eCryptfs and KVM.
* Oneiric - 3.0.0-17.30 - Verification; 4 stable upstream releases
Current opened tracking bugs details:
For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
Future stable cadence cycles:
Note: We are seeing some issues being reported for the Oneiric kernel. We
are hitting these as we become aware of them.
=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
No open discussion.
More information about the Ubuntu-news-team