Update: Ubuntu IRC Council restaffing.

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 28 20:47:17 UTC 2011

Hi All,

As it seems I was only half awake when I sent the last email, I have a
few updates to make.

1. The closing date for the nominations is 10th December - please have
your nomination into the Ubuntu IRC Council at
irc-council at lists.ubuntu.com. The poll should be held in the week
after that - as detailed in the wiki restaffing page[1]. These times
may be subject to extension if necessary - as per the afore-mentioned
wiki .

2. There was a question about which finishing method would be used -
this is also detailed in the wiki page mentioned:- the relevant part
is reproduced below:

"Launchpad votes are pretty straightforward, but a bit limited in its
setup, either you
set up one poll for the whole election and see who gets the top <x> of
<y> votes (5 of 12, when you have 12 nominees and 5 seats) or set up
one poll per person and see who gets the most "Yes minus No" votes."

"CIVS makes use of the Concordet method which can be more suitable
when you are selecting m-of-n candidates, for example if you have 5
candidates for 3 places. The voting algorithm used is the Shulze
method. In the case of a tie, the CC will privately discuss and agree
on which candidate wins."

If there are any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jussi Schultink
Ubuntu IRC Council Chairman

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil/Restaffing