Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-03-03
cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Fri Mar 4 19:11:28 UTC 2011
The regular weekly Xubuntu Community Meeting was held and the minutes
are below. For full logs, please see
= 2011-03-03 Meeting Minutes =
== Old Business ==
* Xubuntu marketing plans - carried forward
* ochosi and knome will put together some logo designs to be discussed
as the menu icon - carried forward
* cutoff is March 10
* PsynoKhi0 will do a couple of logos for consideration
* ask knome to do some drafts with a grey background and a black
background - carried forward
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing - carried forward
* we need someone to update the slideshows displayed during the
installation, they are badly outdated (they were made for karmic or
lucid) - Done
* add xfce4-indicator-plugin to panel - done
* put workspace switcher back in the current configuration for natty -
== Team updates ==
=== Packaging & Development ===
* Updated xubuntu-default-settings/xubuntu-meta for the changes
decided last meeting.
* Fixed xfce4-indicator-plugin to support changing volume on scroll
events with indicator-sound.
* Uploaded update-manager patch from last week (Bug #530161).
* Launchpad bug 530161 in update-manager "Restart is not supported if
not using gnome session manager (affects XFCE &
LXDE)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/530161 === Bug
Triage & Testing ===
* update-manager crashing on first update after installing
* mvo has fixed the u-m issue in bzr
* we did test the ISO images for Natty Alpha3
* We need some testers and a new testing lead, if anyone is interested
=== Website & Marketing ===
* Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
=== Artwork ===
* The new themes and layouts are now in alpha3. Greybird is a really
* Wallpaper is to be considered next meeting
* photos will be considered, as they as they meet the specs
* The upload site is http://www.flickr.com/groups/uawt-7/
== Announcements ==
* Natty Narwhal Alpha3 released 2011-03-03!
== Any Other Business ==
* Next meeting is in one week, March 10, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00 UTC.
* proposal we take up the strategy document starting in three weeks, a
bit at a time, the meeting of March 10.
* A short discussion about where Xubuntu fits into the Linux Operating
Systems was held. A suggestion to consider customisability for
marketing was made.
== Action items for the 2011-3-03 meeting ==
* No action items
== Carried Forward ==
Please see the [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Xubuntu_2010-01-10
| previous log]]
=== Xubuntu Governance ===
* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
[[Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure]]
* The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance
=== The Xubuntu Council ===
* The Council size should be 5 members, with one of them being the PL.
* PL will have a vote in every voting in the Council, not just as a
* The 4 members in the Council in addition to the PL should be
selected by the existing Xubuntu Contributors.
* The appropriate Team Lead can be the tiebreaker in a vote, but only
if PL is absent.
* The council should *aim* to have balanced membership across the
different aspects/teams of Xubuntu.
* The council should be named/selected after every LTS release. Thus,
every season lasts for 2 years.
Xubuntu Project Lead
Linux Registered User Number 425914 [http://counter.li.org/]
Never let anyone steal your DREAM. [http://keepingdreams.com]
More information about the Ubuntu-news-team