Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-06-19

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Jun 20 03:22:28 UTC 2011

== 2011-06-19 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

 * Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

 * replaced evince with epdfview
 *  few merges/syncs from Debian by micahg and mr_pouit
 * GTK3 itself will probably be on the CD due to some shared apps, but
   Xfce is staying on GTK2 through 4.10, so Xubuntu's default will be
   GTK2 through the LTS
 * pavucontrol and pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
 * look at the possibility of adding midori as a second browser

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

 * We can start testing tomorrow; we do have working images.
 * Call For Testing: Natty Firefox users (needs to be done by June 21,
   2011)
  *
   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-June/007830.html

==== Website & Marketing ====

 * a FAQ of simple tasks, like "how to listen music?" or stuff like
   that, but on various idioms, like spanish, english and so on
 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing

==== Artwork ====

 * there's a git-repo for greybird
  * https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird
  * please download the latest .zip from Downloads every two weeks
   minimum for testing
   * test it in either natty or oneiric unless we tell you pull it
   sooner
  * Downloading more often is fine, but check for updates first.
  * Constructive criticism to ochosi
 * Our artwork team [[ http://wiki.knome.fi/shimmer:greybird | goals]]
 * Ubuntu now has a theme engine so that one theme can work for both
   gtk3 and gtk2

==== Documentation ====

 * We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
   update it.

=== Announcements ===

 * Debian Import Freeze: June 30
 * 10.04.3 Freeze: June 30
 * Oneiric Alpha 2: July 7
 * Testing for Alpha2: July 5
 * The wiki is causing a few headaches after the latest change.
  * Please file bugs and issues with it according to the announcement:
  *
   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2011-June/000859.html

=== Any Other Business ===

 * to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
 * Next meeting is in one week, June 27, #xubuntu-devel, at 19:00 UTC.
 *
   [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-06-19
   | Meeting log]]

=== Action items for the 2011-06-19 meeting ===

 * micahg to find what Ubuntu-desktop does with java in
   restricted-extras
 * GridCube to begin a discussion on the Xubuntu-devel ML to find the
   "Top 10" FAQ items for Xubuntu
  * investigate putting the "TOP 10" FAQ on the website
 * start ML discussion on panels, reviews of current panels, launchers
   on panels, etc

==== Xubuntu Governance ====

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
   [[Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure]]

== 2011-06-19 Meeting Log ==

 * People Present:

  * charlie-tca
  * mr_pouit
  * micahg
  * ochosi
  * xrdodrx
  * GridCube
  * plantoschka

The full logs can found in original form at
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/06/19/%23xubuntu-devel.txt
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/06/20/%23xubuntu-devel.txt

--
Charlie Kravetz