Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-01-27 minutes

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Jan 27 22:13:28 UTC 2011

= 2011-01-27 Meeting Minutes =

== Old Business ==

 * Old business - all
    * none

== Team updates ==

=== Packaging & Development ===

 * uploaded Xfce 4.8
 * this week, the focus has been on xubuntu-default-settings and
   xubuntu-artwork
 * Xfce 4.8 is not available for Xubuntu 10.10(Maverick) and
   10.04(Lucid) at this time.
    * We will consider backporting or a PPA after the first bug fix
   release (xfce4.8.1)
 * Have all comparisons in for default applications selection by
   February 3

=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

 * We have kept the number of new bugs level this week.
 * As for testing, we have Alpha2 coming out next thursday

=== Website & Marketing ===

 * Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
    show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
 * We will need an announcement for alpha2 the 3rd of February.
 * We need to start either a ML item or webpage item for marketing

=== Artwork ===

 * greybird is now in the daily images

=== Documentation ===

 * Lucid documentation in -proposed has been tested

== Updates for Xubuntu 10.04.2 ==

 * We will be testing the images for 10.04.2 February 14
 * we should have Firefox 3.6.14 and Thunderbird 3.1.8 in 10.04.2

== Announcements ==

 * None

== Governance structure ==

 * Vote for Project Lead
    * Please vote for Charlie Kravetz as the Xubuntu Project Lead
    * No objections received
    * There was an email sent out by Steve Dodier-Lazaro to Charlie
    Kravetz, stating "I'd like to vote for Lionel." Steve was informed
    by reply email that the only nomination was Charlie Kravetz, and
    that Lionel did not want the position. He did not place an
    objection.
    * 4 +1, one -1, 2 abstained. Total: 3
    * Charlie is approved as Xubuntu Project Lead

== Any Other Business ==

 * Next meeting is in one week, Frebruary 3, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00
   UTC.
 * Meeting logs are available at
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-01-27

== Action items for the 2011-01-27 meeting ==

 * thunderbird-locales needs testing in lucid-proposed
    * Launchpad bug 705028 in thunderbird-locales (Ubuntu Natty) "Update
   Thunderbird translations to 3.1.7" [Wishlist,Triaged]
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/705028

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead