Ubuntu Open Week

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 27 07:12:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Amber Graner <akgraner at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know everyone is insanely busy at this time in the cycle; however,
> your assistance is needed as Open Week is less than 2 weeks away and
> the schedule is still *very* open.
>
> Please take a look at the schedule
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek) and lets see what we can do
> to bump this thing up a notch.  Remember the target audience for
> Ubuntu Open Week is the *End User*, so think about what sessions can
> be offered to help users (all of us) to become even better, more
> efficient and effective. Each of us has knowledge we can share through
> what we do for the Ubuntu project, whether it is explaining what the
> council you are on does and what it means to the community, how does
> your Loco Team work, a Q&A session with your team so that end users
> understand what you do and how they can be part of that picture.  What
> about a session on screencasting howto's, Filing bugs, testing and
> more.  There are so many things to share and we share them everyday in
> some capacity.
>
> How about introductions to the derivative distro's such as  Kubuntu,
> Edubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, and more.  If you are on the Server,
> Desktop, Kernel, Foundations, QA,  DX, Design or other Team consider
> giving a Question and Answer Session.  As mentioned above if you are
> on the Community Council, Forums Council, IRC Council, LoCo Council do
> you have an hour where you can talk about issues and overviews related
> to those areas and let the community know how to engage these areas
> better.
>
> What about projects such Beginners Team, Docs Team, Spread Ubuntu,
> Ubuntu Marketing etc, let's reintroduce some of these to the community
> again and share those things during open week.
>
> Please take a moment to see if you can carve out 1 (one) hour of your
> time to give to help end users learn more about the ins and outs
> Ubuntu and the community that makes it what it is.  Share your
> knowledge.  Don't worry if you haven't given a session before we can
> help you get started.
>
> If 14 people or teams of people can step up and give a session for
> open week this would be *awesome*!  Take a look at the schedule
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek)  and either let me know where
> to add your session or fill it in on the time table
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/Timetable).  If you have any
> questions, please email myself or Jorge Castro or ping either of us on
> IRC (akgraner or jcastro).
>
> I know I still have a lot to learn and I personally look forward to
> open week more than any other Ubuntu week because I always learn
> something new that helps me become a better end user and Ubuntu
> community member.
>
> Thank you in advance for those who will give sessions and those who
> will attend as every session leader and participant makes open week
> successful.

> [...]

Hello Amber,

I would like to put my hands up for a session on getting ubuntu ready
as a dev box with introduction to various tools used like pbuilder
uploading your gpg keys to a keyserver and so on and mentoring
facilities available on the ubuntu beginners team on may 2nd 16:00 utc
or which ever free slot available if anyone doesnt have any objections
:D My LP profile: https://launchpad.net/~bhavi

Regards and Thanks in advance,

--
Bhavani Shankar