Ubuntu Berlin at "Linux User Magazin" and LinuxTag/LinuxTag BBQ

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:30:59 BST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Caspar Clemens Mierau
<damokles at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi news team,

Hi Casper!

Thanks for sending in the links!

Both events are of interest; however, we will need the information in
a little different format.

UWN needs a blog post or online article written about the topics below
that we can link to. Right now we don't have a volunteer base/staff to
write original content specifically for UWN. We have to rely on the
Community for that.  Do you, the Ubuntu Berlin Team or another team
member have a Blog post about your release party and/or LinuxTag and
LinuxTag BBQ events written? if so can you please send in those links?

http://fossevents.org/ is a great resource to find out about upcoming
events - LUG, LoCo and other Free and Open Source Software can add
their events to the calendar. I also checked to see if maybe someone
had added the LinuxTag and LinuxTag BBQ and I didn't see them there -
I sent them the information for your events to have them added.

If the blog posts are in German could you provide the translations?
If not let me know and I'll see what I can do to find some to
translate them. :-)

Please let feel free to let me know if you have questions. If IRC is
better for you please feel free to ping me there in #ubuntu-news on
freenode. Again both items are of interest and I appreciate you taking
the time to send them in.  If you can get links to blog  posts from
yourself or another team member about these Ubuntu-Berlin events we
can add them to the LoCo Section of the newsletter.

Thanks again!
Amber

> maybe this is of interest for you:
>
> 1. release party in the press
>
> After Ubuntu Berlin made it several times into the Berlin metro tv
> systems, this release party has been featured in the printed "Linux
> User Magazin", the user focussed magazine derived from the "Linux
> Magazin". You can see the article here:
>
> http://www.linux-user.de/Downloads/LUCE/2010/lu-ce_2010-05.pdf
>
> page 24 (page 20 in the pdf)
>
> The release party took place on the 1st May and featured about 100
> visitors this time, which is below our average (apparently due to the
> Worker's Day).
>
> 2. LinuxTag and LinuxTag BBQ
>
> Again Ubuntu Berlin is going to host a "LinuxTag BBQ" at c-base this
> year. The "LinuxTag" is Germany's biggest annual open source fair in
> Berlin. At the 12th of June, the last day, there will be a BBQ at
> c-base (http://c-base.org), friendly sponsored by Canonical. The 12th
> of Juny hosts a lot of Ubuntu focussed talks including Mark
> Shuttleworth, Daniel Holbach, Benjamin Drung, Ubuntu Berlin and me:
>
> http://www.linuxtag.org/2010/en/program/free-conference/saturday.html
>

> Best,
>
> ccm.
>

> --
> Caspar Clemens Mierau
>  Dipl.-Kult. (Medien)
>  official "Ubuntu member"
>  Ubuntu Berlin
>  c-base e.V.

Amber Graner//akgraner//
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/
http://akgraner.com/
http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds