Regional Membership Boards: Restaffing

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 14 21:48:16 BST 2010

Hi Daniel

On 08/04/2010 17:28, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> To nominate yourself or somebody else, please send a mail to the board
> you are nominating yourself for (ubuntu-membership-board-emea,
> ubuntu-membership-board-asia-oceania or ubuntu-membership-board-americas
> at lists.ubuntu.com). Try to explain your nomination. There is still
> time for nominations until Fri 23rd April 2010 12 UTC. All nominations
> will be forwarded to the Community Council who will make the final decision.

A member of my loco group mentioned to me that he's planning to run for
the EMEA Membership Board, and I realised that we haven't received any
nominations yet. I checked lists.ubuntu.com and the membership-boards
lists aren't advertised there. I'm sure that most of the enthusiastic
candidates will click on another list and just do a replace in the URL,
but if they follow your instructions above some might be a bit confused
and end up not making a nomination.

Perhaps it would be best to provide the e-mail addresses to the boards?
This also serves as a reminder to existing members to re-apply if
they're still willing :)

-Jonathan