New Chief Editor for the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 21:33:27 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Joey Stanford <joey at canonical.com> wrote:

> Congrats Amber for taking over and Congrats John for being the
> backbone of the UWN these last few years!

Thank you, Joey!

John thank you for taking me under your wing and for your continued
mentor-ship. Those shoes of yours are pretty big - I'll do my absolute best
to grow into them.

Also, thanks in advance to all the terrific and talented team members that
make up both the UWN and Fridge Teams,  for all the help and support I am
sure I will need going forward - You all are great and I am looking forward
to sharing all the steps on this new adventure with you all.

I am speaking at the Texas Linux Fest this weekend  - so won't be online
much til Monday, sorry about that but will hit the ground running when I get
back :-)!

> > Coming up in July of this year is our 200th issue of the UWN. Amber,
> myself, and the rest of the UWN team are already in the planning stages for
> this milestone issue. We will be in contact with many of our community
> leaders and teams for interviews, comments, and input for the issue. We hope
> to make it an "Issue To Remember" just like the 100th issue was.
>
> If we start now I can get Mark S and Jane S to do podcast interviews,
> etc.. Maybe we can Matt Revell, Popey, or Jono B (or all 3) to MC it.
> Let me know how I can help.

The news team (and the Fridge Team if any wants too join in) will begin
having short monthly meetings to focus on the 200th Edition UWN.  I'll email
a link to survey to find out what day and times are best for the majority of
folks  to allow for maximum participation for all who want to help.

Joey, by the time UDS rolls around there should be a very active and solid
todo list being work on, so let's see what action items from the list (once
it is in place) we (news/fridge team members) can accomplish from UDS.
 Would seem like the perfect opportunity to track some folks down and
collaborate on this addition in person.  What do you think?

> Exciting times!

Indeed they are :-)

Amber

Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://amber.redvoodoo.org/
http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds