Fwd: Results from the September 9th, 2009 America's Membership Board Meeting

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 13 16:27:40 BST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard JOHNSON <nixternal at ubuntu.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Subject: Results from the September 9th, 2009 America's Membership Board Meeting

Let's try this again. Mutt is not being my friend this evening.

The approval results from the September 9th America's Membership Review
Board are as follows:

Grant Bowman:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grantbow | https://launchpad.net/~grantbow

Grant is one of the faces of our great LoCo community. He currently works
hard within the California LoCo team where he attends regular events as
well as assists in organizing events as well. Grant has without a doubt,
one of the largest list of testimonials many of us have witnessed during
the many years of Ubuntu membership applications. From the looks of it, it
seems Grant might be one of our up-and-coming community leaders in the
future.

Evan Boldt:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/edb82189 | https://launchpad.net/~edb82189

Evan is without a doubt, the man behind the new Spread Ubuntu campaign and
website. When he is writing all of that PHP code with Drupal, he is also in
the forums helping people whenever and wherever he can. He has even gone to
the extreme of utilizing a RSS widget for the Ubuntu Forums. And wouldn't
you know it, he is local to me, literally 45 minutes up the road, and the
newest member of Ubuntu Chicago. Seeing as I run that team, I think it is
time to abuse, I mean use him to help benefit Ubuntu even more here in
Chicago.

Eric Hedekar:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EricHedekar | https://launchpad.net/~stochastic

Eric, or should we say DJ Eric, has been busy of late. Whether he is
packaging for the Ubuntu Studio project, moderating the Ubuntu Forums, or
creating a new LoCo team in Vancouver, he has been actively contributing to
the Ubuntu community in many ways. He says his experience is in ProAudio,
but he did say he is starting to get familiar with Pulse Audio. He also
brings one more talent to the community, as he is a musician with a FBA
from SFU, not STFU. I have no clue what that means, but I think it has
Ubuntu Allstars written all over it! There was only one thing I requested
of Eric, and that was to get Aaron Seigo to be an active member in the
Vancouver LoCo Team.

Evan, Grant, and Eric within the next few days your ubuntu.com email
addresses should be activated and ready for use.

Evan, your address will be: edb82189 at ubuntu.com
Grant, your address will be:  grantbow at ubuntu.com
Eric, your address will be : stochastic at ubuntu.com

Once again, congratulations to you three, and keep up the awesome work!

Please join us in welcoming these awesome new members!

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com