"Human" release notes

Caspar Clemens Mierau damokles at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 12 12:38:58 BST 2009

Hi there,

Daniel Holbach suggested that I

I am currently working on a "human" release notes paper for Karmic
Koala. The problem I'm trying to solve is the fact that I think, Ubuntu
lacks release notes that focus on changes on the one side and are
mostly understandable by a common user on the other, while still being
interesting for journalists and bloggers.

I blogged about the idea/project on:

http://www.screenage.de/blog/2009/10/01/towards-a-human-ubuntu-karmic-koala-release-note/

And started the work on:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicKoala/HumanReleaseNotes

I know it is hard to make the right distinction between "too techie"
and "too few facts", but I'd like to have one document describing the
most interesting new features rather than being forced to read dozens
of articles.

I am interested about your thoughts on that project and hints on
getting more reliable content into it.

Best,

Caspar Clemens Mierau

--