[Fwd: Edubuntu Council Elections]

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 15 18:27:48 GMT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Edubuntu Council Elections
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 20:23:34 +0200
From: Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jonathan at ubuntu.com>
To: Edubuntu Developers <edubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>,  Edubuntu
Users Group <edubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>, ubuntu-news at lists.ubuntu.com

Hi

As most of you noticed, the Edubuntu project have been going through
some big changes recently. Something we have been working on with the
Ubuntu Community Council for a while now is to have the Edubuntu Council
back to a reasonable size (5 members).

That's why, today, we announce that there will be an election for new
Edubuntu Council members. Jordan Mantha will be resigning from his
Edubuntu Council position due to time constraints from his new job.

The two remaining members, Jonathan Carter and Stéphane Graber will be
running for re-election.

How will the election work:
 - First week (#47, next week), we'll be taking candidatures on the
following wiki page: https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/Council/Election
 - On the week after (#48), the Ubuntu Community Council will setup a
vote where all edubuntu-members will be asked to vote and choose the 5
candidates they want as Edubuntu Council members.
 - Early on the week after that (#49), the 5 new Edubuntu Council
members will be announced by the Ubuntu Community Council and be added
to the Launchpad team.

During the election process, the current Edubuntu council remains as it
currently is.

Ubuntu members will be able to make nominations by adding themselves to
the https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/Council/Election or propose a
candidate anonymously by contacting an Edubuntu Council member who will
add that person the wiki page.
The Edubuntu Council will then forward the list of nominees to the
Community Council.

The Community Council will set up a vote for Edubuntu Members and
announce the results of the election. In the case where  the new
Edubuntu Council member is not an Edubuntu Member, they will  receive
Edubuntu Membership concurrently. Edubuntu council elections will occur
anually, existing members may re-apply.

-Jonathan on behalf of the Edubuntu Council