Response to Preston Gralla's "World Yawns" article

Grant Paton-Simpson grant at p-s.co.nz
Mon May 18 12:16:19 BST 2009

Hi,

Just promoting my blog article "Client-device Linux use reaches 2-5%,
world better off <http://p-s.co.nz/wordpress/?p=439>"
(http://p-s.co.nz/wordpress/?p=439) - a response to Preston Gralla's
"Client-device Linux use reaches 1%, world yawns"
<http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/tech/4C92AA4C6A7758EACC2575AF0081332E>
(http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/tech/4C92AA4C6A7758EACC2575AF0081332E).
Is my article something suitable for the "In The Blogosphere" section of
the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter?  The specifically-Ubuntu part is where I
respond to Preston's claim that Linux flounders on the desktop because
there are too many variants.  I point out that Ubuntu has become the
obvious mainstream choice, making the total number of distros irrelevant.

Apologies in advance if this is not the appropriate place for this
suggestion.

All the best, Grant