Announcement: Fridge Changes

Joey Stanford joey at canonical.com
Fri Mar 27 20:10:20 GMT 2009

Hi Gang,

I've just authorized Canonical resources to make changes to the Fridge:

1) Upgrade the Fridge to 6.x
2) Move the Fridge to the same hosting service that hosts ubuntu.com,
canonical.com, kubuntu.com
3) Get the web presence team to build a new and exciting interface to
our readership
4) Implement a better release queue so we can draft up stories and
then have our traditional peer reviewer release the story.
5) Have all of these changed deployed with the Jaunty release.

Matt N. (newz2000) will be doing the heavy lifting on this based upon
input from me and Nick (boredandblogging).  Thanks to Nick for keeping
some focus on the need to do this.

Stay tuned for more.

Joey