No subject

Fri Dec 18 02:33:18 GMT 2009

Ubuntu world. As part of that and then again by MagicFab=E2=80=99s=0Asugges=
tions I learned how to participate via IRC in different=0Acommunities, to t=
ell my experiences with applications in Ubuntu, I=0Adared to start my own b=
log for the first time telling my experience=0Awith the Ubuntu Desktop Cour=
se (elearning), learned to use my blog as=0Aa tool through which I can info=
rm others about Ubuntu, participating=0Ain lists of the communities I belon=
g and learned how to handle wiki,=0Ablueprint and documentation pages to sh=
are information to others.=0A=0AToday I am part of the community and am in =
several team where I hope=0Ato be able to support as I learn from everyone=
=E2=80=99s experiences too. I am=0Aa member in the communities of Ubuntu Ho=
nduras, Colombia, Women,=0AGuatemala and El Salvador. Almost daily I am pre=
sent in IRC channels=0Aof Honduras, Colombia and Women getting feedback and=
 contributing=0Awherever I can. I still can not work actively participate i=
n all these=0Amedia but try to do when I feel more confident about the subj=
ect.=0AEnglish is my third language, so I am kind of shy in the ubuntu-wome=
n=0Achannel.=0A=0AToday I know that there is Free Software and Ubuntu exist=
s there with=0Aall its benefits over other systems. I also know that althou=
gh I did=0Anot study computers, I can handle and learn thousands of things =
about=0Ait and help knowing others that will benefit too.=0A=0AToday I belo=
ng and work hand by hand with others in the Honduras=0AUbuntu community, pr=
omoting Ubuntu in the country, mostly in San Pedro=0ASula where I currently=
 reside. With the support Fabian gave me, I=0Arevived the group that was pr=
actically abandoned and we are trying=0Aagain today to show people of Hondu=
ras that Ubuntu is the best choice=0Awhen it comes to choosing an operating=
 system. Every day I try to=0Alearn more and see how I can support other Ub=
untu users here and=0Aelsewhere. I am very excited to be part of this team =
and I love to=0Alearn and collaborate with this good cause;)=0A=0ASince I s=
tarted being part of this community, I had the opportunity to=0Ashare with =
others from other distros like Fedora or Debian. There is=0Alittle that I h=
ave experienced them, but for now I=E2=80=99m only interested=0Ain Ubuntu.=
=0A=0AMy name is Elvira Martinez or tatica1 as I I=E2=80=99m known in the c=
ommunity=0Aand my main challenge is to convince my daughters and my husband=
 that=0AUbuntu is the best choice when we talk about operating systems.=0A=
=0A***Karen Y. Perez***=0A=0AWhen I was a little girl i saw my dad studying=
 computer science to=0Aeventually working on projects. Like most little gir=
ls I admire my dad=0Amore than anyone in the world and I always tried to be=
 just like him.=0AI read many books like him, I begged for my own laptop an=
d fell in=0Alove with space. Since then my passion for science, math and=0A=
technology developed. There were moments where I loved chemistry more=0Atha=
n physics and times where math was better than astronomy. But, my=0Apassion=
 for computers never faded once. Each year I pleaded my dad to=0Ateach me h=
ow to program because his code was like a puzzle i need to=0Aunderstand. So=
, every so often he would teach me bits and pieces but=0Aonly enough to kee=
p my curiosity afloat and have me do my own=0Aresearch. One day I stumbled =
across one of my dad's Unix books in his=0Alibrary. I didn't really underst=
and much at the time so I tried my=0Avery best to read it and eventually I =
did some research on-line. While=0Adoing my research I read about Linux and=
 I saw what the open source=0Arevolution was all about. I taught myself as =
much as I could and I=0Adecided to convert my laptop to Linux for the first=
 time in '09.=0AUbuntu has helped me with my studies in computer science an=
d helped me=0Astay open to new things of course including technologies. The=
 last=0Athing a geek needs is to not want to explore outside of the box. I=
=0Aguess you can say I'm a self pro-claimed fem-geek and I couldn't=0Aimagi=
ne life any other way. Although, I am no professional yet I do=0Atry to tal=
k to other girls and show them how great of an experience=0Ausing Linux Ubu=
ntu is as well as many other great "geeky"=0Atechnologies. I hope to one da=
y show young girls that there is more to=0Alife than fashion. That you can =
be as "fashionable" as Barbie and yet=0Abe an astronaut.=0A=0A=0A***Jen Phi=
llips***=0A=0ALearning to Fly=0A=0ASome years ago, I used to travel everywh=
ere by bus. The company that=0Aran it was called Microsoft, and I used the =
Number 3.1. It generally=0Agot me where I needed to be, but it took a bit o=
f an odd route to get=0Athere, and it would often stop at seemingly random =
points. If I=0Afancied a change, I could take my walkman, or a book. It was=
n't the=0Amost comfortable ride, but it did ok, and I was used to it. After=
 a=0Awhile, the company decided to upgrade all their busses and change all=
=0Athe routes - and put the fares up. I went onto the Number 95, and=0Aever=
ything looked nice and shiny, although I missed my stop a couple=0Aof times=
 because I wasn't used to the route. After a while I realised=0Athat althou=
gh the route didn't take the same detours, it took new=0Aones, so I didn't =
really get where I was going any faster. The busses=0Aall seemed to get a b=
it dingy after a while, too. Still, I had my CD=0Awalkman, and it became fa=
miliar again.=0A=0AEventually, I took the plunge, and got a car. I loved th=
e freedom - I=0Acould go where I wanted to go, when I wanted to go. I wasn'=
t=0Aconstrained by having to have the right money, and I didn't have to=0As=
top for the sake of everyone else. It was a SuSE, and it was mine and=0AI l=
oved it. Except, any time anything went wrong I had to ask for=0Ahelp. When=
 the radio stopped working, I had to get someone else to fix=0Ait. If i cou=
ldn't find a particular stick or button, I had to get=0Asomeone to show me =
where it was. It also wouldn't play any of my old=0ACDs. In short, it was f=
rustrating. I tried a couple of other cars, but=0Athey weren't any better. =
I took ages getting my Debian to even start,=0Aand somehow had a knack for =
stalling it before I got to the end of the=0Astreet. Eventually, I gave up =
and went back to the bus - the XP route=0Anow had air conditioning and cont=
oured seats, and I could cope with=0Athe delays (and occasional breakdowns)=
 because it did tend to get me=0Athere in the end.=0A=0AThen one day, somet=
hing quite miraculous happened: someone gave me a=0Apair of wings. In only =
a couple of lessons, I was flying! I no longer=0Ahave to wait for the bus, =
and I don't need a mechanic to come and=0Arescue me any more. If I want dif=
ferent music, I can just pick up a=0Amedia player and set it going. If I wa=
nt to dye my wings a different=0Acolour, that's easy too. I decide which ro=
ute to take - I'm not even=0Alimited by roads any more. The best thing is t=
hat flying feels so=0Anatural - like walking only better. I call these wing=
s "Ubuntu".=0A=0AThese story submissions along with all the others are avai=
lable on the=0AUbuntu Women Project wiki pages [3].=0A=0AWithout the effort=
s of Ubuntu Women Project team member, Melissa=0ADraper, the competition ma=
y have never made it to the community, the=0Atime and talent she personally=
 put into this competition by drafting=0Athe competition as well as writing=
 the voting submission application=0Awas awesome! - Thanks Melissa!=0A=0AIt=
 is also important to say thank you to the sponsors of this=0Acompetition, =
Rikki Kite, Associate Publisher, Linux Pro [4] and Ubuntu=0AUser [5] Magazi=
nes, for donating Linux Pro or Ubuntu User Magazine=0Asubscriptions (choice=
 of one per winner), to Canonical [6] for=0Adonating the Ubuntu Backpacks, =
notebooks, pens, lanyards, pins and=0AT-shirts, at last but not least to Jo=
no Bacon for making the=0Aannouncement of the winners as well as for copies=
 of Art of Community=0A[7].=0A=0AAgain, Congratulations to the winners of t=
he prize packs as well as=0Aall those who submitted your person Ubuntu disc=
overy stories.  I can't=0Await to read the submissions for the 2nd Annual U=
buntu Women Project=0A"How I discovered Ubuntu." International Women's Day =
Competition, so=0Amark your calendars and work on YOUR personal discovery o=
f Ubuntu to=0Ahelp celebrate 100 years of International Women's Day. [8]=0A=
=0AREMINDER: If you or someone you know would like to find out more=0Ainfor=
mation about the Ubuntu Women Project there are several ways to=0Ado so - w=
ebsite [9], mailing list[10], IRC channel(s) [11], [12], and=0AUbuntu Women=
 Forums [13]=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A[fig 1, attachment 1] International Women's D=
ay Logo  - located at -=0Ahttp://www.internationalwomensday.com/linkto.asp=
=0A[fig 2, attachment 2] Ubuntu Women Logo -=0Ahttp://bazaar.launchpad.net/=
~troy-sobotka/+junk/ubuntu-women-identity/files=0A- lic agreement -=0Ahttp:=
//www.ubuntu-women.org/ubuntu-women-identity/LICENSE.html=0A[fig 3, attachm=
ent 3] - Image of Prize pack contents=0A=0A[1] - International Women's Day =
website - http://www.internationalwomensday.com/=0A[2] - Ubuntu Women Maili=
ng Competition Announcement=0Ahttps://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-wome=
n/2010-January/002406.html=0A[3] - How I discovered Ubuntu wiki page -=0Aht=
tp://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/InternationalWomensDay/HowIDiscoveredUbuntu=0A[4=
] - Linux Pro Media Website - http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/=0A[5] - Ubun=
tu User Website - http://www.ubuntu-user.com/=0A[6] - Canonial, Ltd website=
 - http://www.canonical.com/=0A[7] - Art of Community website - http://www.=
artofcommunityonline.org/=0A[8] - International Women's Day 2011 -=0Ahttp:/=
/internationalwomensday.com/centenary.asp=0A[9] - Ubuntu Women Website - ht=
tp://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Home=0A[10] - Ubuntu Women Mailing List -=0Ahttp=
s://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-Women=0A[11] - Ubuntu Women IR=
C Channel #ubuntu-women on freenode [dot] net=0A[12] - Ubuntu Women IRC Cha=
nnel #ubuntu-women-project on freenode [dot] net=0A[13] - Ubuntu Women Foru=
m - http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3D76=0A=0A-- =0AAmber Graner=
//akgraner//=0Ahttp://amber.redvoodoo.org/=0Ahttp://www.ubuntu-user.com/Onl=
ine/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu=0A=0A=0AJust me Amber.=0A=0AThere are =
lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but=0Aonly want to=
 use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.=0ALinus Torvalds=0A=0A=0A=
=0A
--0-757001452-1268120869=:77634

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman,new york,times,serif;fon=
t-size:12pt">congratulations for winners<br>it is great thing...<br>I hope =
r></div><div style=3D"font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif; fo=
nt-size: 12pt;"><br><div style=3D"font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; =
style=3D"font-weight: bold;">From:</span></b> Amber Graner &lt;akgraner at gma=
omen &lt;ubuntu-women at lists.ubuntu.com&gt;<br><b><span style=3D"font-weight=
: bold;">Cc:</span></b> Submit and discuss any Ubuntu related news stories =
&lt;ubuntu-news-team at lists.ubuntu.com&gt;<br><b><span style=3D"font-weight:
"font-weight: bold;">Subject:</span></b> [UbuntuWomen] 1st Annual Ubuntu Wo=
men Project "How I discovered Ubuntu." International Women's Day Competitio=
Annual Ubuntu Women Project "How I<br>discovered Ubuntu." International Wom=
was announced back in January, asked women<br>and girls who use Ubuntu to s=
ubmit their "How I discovered Ubuntu"<br>stories. We as a Project acknowled=
ge that there is no one definite<br>answer to "How do you get women to use =
Ubuntu?", but wanted a way to<br>highlight some of the various ways that wo=
men become Ubuntu users,<br>contributors, and developers and at the same ti=
me not only have those<br>stories as examples but also as a growing gift of=
 events/competitions to be successful it takes community<br>participation, =
and a heart felt thank you to all those who<br>participated by submitting t=
heir personal "How I discovered Ubuntu."<br>stories, those who took the tim=
e to vote, those who helped promote,<br>and those who supported this initia=
tive as well as offer encouragement<br>to those might not have submitted th=
eir stories otherwise. I am<br>grateful for everyone involved in the Ubuntu=
 Women Project and greater<br>Ubuntu Community as a whole who are continual=
ly helping to provide<br>both the platform and encouragement for women to c=
ontribute to Ubuntu.<br><br>The winners of an awesome prize pack [insert fi=
g 3] are: Elvira<br>Martinez and Karen Y. Perez with honorable mention goin=
g to Jen<br>Phillips as well. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Here are there stories:<b=
iego Turcios shared with me this link to<br>Amber=E2=80=99s blog that
 excited me to finally write about how I met Ubuntu.<br>I wanted to share t=
his a while ago but I feel motivated about doing it<br>through Ubuntu-women=
 and not just for the sole interest in<br>participating in the contest. I t=
hink it will be very interesting to<br>hear how other women became interest=
ed in Ubuntu and others may be<br>interested in my experience, specially co=
nsidering that I am not the<br>=E2=80=9Ccomputer girl=E2=80=9D precisely.<b=
r><br>After nearly 20 years after my high school graduation in Colombia<br>=
Lyc=C3=A9e Fran=C3=A7ais Paul Valery, I found again one of my classmates th=
rough<br>Facebook (I guess) Fabian Rodriguez known as MagicFab who after as=
king<br>him what he was doing today, he mentioned Ubuntu as part of his<br>=
activities. And I say activities, because Ubuntu is much more than an<br>op=
erating system.<br><br>I=E2=80=99ve always liked the world of computer scie=
nce and unfortunately that<br>was not what I studied, but I learned on my o=
wn how to manage,
 fix,<br>clean my home machines. I could say that the world of computers is=
 my<br>passion and when Fabian told me about this, I knew it was no fluke.<=
br><br>I remember the first thing I said was: Ubuntu what?? How do you eat<=
br>that?? And then after a brief speach about it and some information he<br=
>sent to me to read on the subject, dropped his usual phrase, =E2=80=9CIf y=
ou<br>want to install it, I can help you do it now=E2=80=9D. Well, two days=
 later, I<br>was harrassing Fabian to help me install Ubuntu after a bunch =
d be able to use MSN and Skype with camera and audio included.<br><br>2. My=
 biggest question was if I could run iTunes on the computer (tool<br>my dau=
ghters and my husband use).<br><br>3. If Windows had to be removed to use U=
buntu.<br><br>4. If I=E2=80=99ll have Office, PowerPoint or Excel with Ubun=
going to be
 able to install Ubuntu alone, long distance<br>with Fabian=E2=80=99s instr=
uctions.<br><br>Well, the day I gave a YES myself to Ubuntu, began with a p=
hone call<br>from Fabian from Canada. After downloading into my own compute=
r some<br>files, we start by checking whether they were good and then insta=
ll<br>it. I remember Fabian told me, don=E2=80=99t install it yet first tes=
t it.<br>Then after his explanations that I could partition the computer an=
d<br>leave Windows intact but also have Ubuntu too I said =E2=80=9CLet=E2=
=80=99s do it and<br>install it now=E2=80=9D. And so it was, on the phone, =
with his help, that I<br>installed for the first time in one of my computer=
e finally said, =E2=80=9CTake a last click and you=E2=80=99re done, finishe=
d,=E2=80=9D I<br>could not believe it!! First, I had allowed to risk to ins=
tall another<br>operating system on my computer and two, that I had done th=
rough<br>instructions by telephone. That
 meant that it could be do so easily!<br>That=E2=80=99s how my story began =
with Ubuntu in June 2008 : D<br><br>Months later I bought an Acer Aspire On=
e that came with Linpus and my<br>next challenge was to install Ubuntu on i=
t. It was a laptop (and not a<br>desktop) and needed a version for netbooks=
 so I tried first to fight<br>with LPIA platform with which I ended up frus=
trated because after<br>installing it did not work and gave me error. Then =
it was new to me to<br>download an ISO file to my laptop and also install i=
t throught a USB.<br>I think it was two weeks without my computer, sweating=
 and suffering,<br>but with some help of several friends of the Honduran co=
mmunity I<br>finally had Ubuntu on my Acer. I remember I installed 8.10 ver=
sion<br>which gave me enough slow problems on my laptop, but when I upgrade=
oking and learning how to move in<br>the Ubuntu world. As part of that and
 then again by MagicFab=E2=80=99s<br>suggestions I learned how to participa=
te via IRC in different<br>communities, to tell my experiences with applica=
tions in Ubuntu, I<br>dared to start my own blog for the first time telling=
 my experience<br>with the Ubuntu Desktop Course (elearning), learned to us=
e my blog as<br>a tool through which I can inform others about Ubuntu, part=
icipating<br>in lists of the communities I belong and learned how to handle=
 wiki,<br>blueprint and documentation pages to share information to others.=
e<br>to be able to support as I learn from everyone=E2=80=99s experiences t=
oo. I am<br>a member in the communities of Ubuntu Honduras, Colombia, Women=
,<br>Guatemala and El Salvador. Almost daily I am present in IRC channels<b=
r>of Honduras, Colombia and Women getting feedback and contributing<br>wher=
ever I can. I still can not work actively participate in all these<br>media=
 but
 try to do when I feel more confident about the subject.<br>English is my t=
oday I know that there is Free Software and Ubuntu exists there with<br>all=
 its benefits over other systems. I also know that although I did<br>not st=
udy computers, I can handle and learn thousands of things about<br>it and h=
elp knowing others that will benefit too.<br><br>Today I belong and work ha=
nd by hand with others in the Honduras<br>Ubuntu community, promoting Ubunt=
u in the country, mostly in San Pedro<br>Sula where I currently reside. Wit=
h the support Fabian gave me, I<br>revived the group that was practically a=
bandoned and we are trying<br>again today to show people of Honduras that U=
buntu is the best choice<br>when it comes to choosing an operating system. =
Every day I try to<br>learn more and see how I can support other Ubuntu use=
rs here and<br>elsewhere. I am very excited to be part of this team
 I started being part of this community, I had the opportunity to<br>share =
with others from other distros like Fedora or Debian. There is<br>little th=
at I have experienced them, but for now I=E2=80=99m only interested<br>in U=
buntu.<br><br>My name is Elvira Martinez or tatica1 as I I=E2=80=99m known =
in the community<br>and my main challenge is to convince my daughters and m=
y husband that<br>Ubuntu is the best choice when we talk about operating sy=
 dad studying computer science to<br>eventually working on projects. Like m=
ost little girls I admire my dad<br>more than anyone in the world and I alw=
ays tried to be just like him.<br>I read many books like him, I begged for =
my own laptop and fell in<br>love with space. Since then my passion for sci=
ence, math and<br>technology developed. There were moments where I loved
 chemistry more<br>than physics and times where math was better than astron=
omy. But, my<br>passion for computers never faded once. Each year I pleaded=
 my dad to<br>teach me how to program because his code was like a puzzle i =
need to<br>understand. So, every so often he would teach me bits and pieces=
 but<br>only enough to keep my curiosity afloat and have me do my own<br>re=
search. One day I stumbled across one of my dad's Unix books in his<br>libr=
ary. I didn't really understand much at the time so I tried my<br>very best=
 to read it and eventually I did some research on-line. While<br>doing my r=
esearch I read about Linux and I saw what the open source<br>revolution was=
 all about. I taught myself as much as I could and I<br>decided to convert =
my laptop to Linux for the first time in '09.<br>Ubuntu has helped me with =
my studies in computer science and helped me<br>stay open to new things of =
course including technologies. The last<br>thing a geek needs is to
 not want to explore outside of the box. I<br>guess you can say I'm a self =
pro-claimed fem-geek and I couldn't<br>imagine life any other way. Although=
, I am no professional yet I do<br>try to talk to other girls and show them=
 how great of an experience<br>using Linux Ubuntu is as well as many other =
great "geeky"<br>technologies. I hope to one day show young girls that ther=
e is more to<br>life than fashion. That you can be as "fashionable" as Barb=
g to Fly<br><br>Some years ago, I used to travel everywhere by bus. The com=
pany that<br>ran it was called Microsoft, and I used the Number 3.1. It gen=
erally<br>got me where I needed to be, but it took a bit of an odd route to=
 get<br>there, and it would often stop at seemingly random points. If I<br>=
fancied a change, I could take my walkman, or a book. It wasn't the<br>most=
 comfortable ride, but it did ok, and I was used to it. After
 a<br>while, the company decided to upgrade all their busses and change all=
erything looked nice and shiny, although I missed my stop a couple<br>of ti=
mes because I wasn't used to the route. After a while I realised<br>that al=
though the route didn't take the same detours, it took new<br>ones, so I di=
dn't really get where I was going any faster. The busses<br>all seemed to g=
et a bit dingy after a while, too. Still, I had my CD<br>walkman, and it be=
came familiar again.<br><br>Eventually, I took the plunge, and got a car. I=
 loved the freedom - I<br>could go where I wanted to go, when I wanted to g=
o. I wasn't<br>constrained by having to have the right money, and I didn't =
have to<br>stop for the sake of everyone else. It was a SuSE, and it was mi=
ne and<br>I loved it. Except, any time anything went wrong I had to ask for=
 to fix<br>it. If i couldn't find a particular stick or button, I had to ge=
t<br>someone to show me where it was. It also wouldn't play any of my old<b=
r>CDs. In short, it was frustrating. I tried a couple of other cars, but<br=
>they weren't any better. I took ages getting my Debian to even start,<br>a=
nd somehow had a knack for stalling it before I got to the end of the<br>st=
reet. Eventually, I gave up and went back to the bus - the XP route<br>now =
had air conditioning and contoured seats, and I could cope with<br>the dela=
ys (and occasional breakdowns) because it did tend to get me<br>there in th=
e end.<br><br>Then one day, something quite miraculous happened: someone ga=
ve me a<br>pair of wings. In only a couple of lessons, I was flying! I no l=
onger<br>have to wait for the bus, and I don't need a mechanic to come and<=
br>rescue me any more. If I want different music, I can just pick up a<br>m=
edia player and set it going. If I want to dye my wings a
 different<br>colour, that's easy too. I decide which route to take - I'm n=
ot even<br>limited by roads any more. The best thing is that flying feels s=
o<br>natural - like walking only better. I call these wings "Ubuntu".<br><b=
r>These story submissions along with all the others are available on the<br=
>Ubuntu Women Project wiki pages [3].<br><br>Without the efforts of Ubuntu =
Women Project team member, Melissa<br>Draper, the competition may have neve=
r made it to the community, the<br>time and talent she personally put into =
this competition by drafting<br>the competition as well as writing the voti=
so important to say thank you to the sponsors of this<br>competition, Rikki=
 Kite, Associate Publisher, Linux Pro [4] and Ubuntu<br>User [5] Magazines,=
 for donating Linux Pro or Ubuntu User Magazine<br>subscriptions (choice of=
 one per winner), to Canonical [6] for<br>donating the Ubuntu
 Backpacks, notebooks, pens, lanyards, pins and<br>T-shirts, at last but no=
t least to Jono Bacon for making the<br>announcement of the winners as well=
 the winners of the prize packs as well as<br>all those who submitted your =
person Ubuntu discovery stories.&nbsp; I can't<br>wait to read the submissi=
ons for the 2nd Annual Ubuntu Women Project<br>"How I discovered Ubuntu." I=
nternational Women's Day Competition, so<br>mark your calendars and work on=
 YOUR personal discovery of Ubuntu to<br>help celebrate 100 years of Intern=
ational Women's Day. [8]<br><br>REMINDER: If you or someone you know would =
like to find out more<br>information about the Ubuntu Women Project there a=
re several ways to<br>do so - website [9], mailing list[10], IRC channel(s)=
 attachment 1] International Women's Day Logo&nbsp; - located at
 -<br><a href=3D"http://www.internationalwomensday.com/linkto.asp" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.internationalwomensday.com/linkto.asp</a><br>[fig 2,=
 attachment 2] Ubuntu Women Logo -<br><a href=3D"http://bazaar.launchpad.ne=
t/%7Etroy-sobotka/+junk/ubuntu-women-identity/files" target=3D"_blank">http=
://bazaar.launchpad.net/~troy-sobotka/+junk/ubuntu-women-identity/files</a>=
n-identity/LICENSE.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.ubuntu-women.org/ubun=
tu-women-identity/LICENSE.html</a><br>[fig 3, attachment 3] - Image of Priz=
e pack contents<br><br>[1] - International Women's Day website - <a href=3D=
"http://www.internationalwomensday.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.inter=
nationalwomensday.com/</a><br>[2] - Ubuntu Women Mailing Competition Announ=
cement<br><a href=3D"https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-Ja=
nuary/002406.html"
 target=3D"_blank">https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-Janu=
=3D"http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/InternationalWomensDay/HowIDiscoveredUbunt=
u" target=3D"_blank">http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/InternationalWomensDay/Ho=
wIDiscoveredUbuntu</a><br>[4] - Linux Pro Media Website - <a href=3D"http:/=
/www.linuxpromagazine.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.linuxpromagazine.c=
om/</a><br>[5] - Ubuntu User Website - <a href=3D"http://www.ubuntu-user.co=
m/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.ubuntu-user.com/</a><br>[6] - Canonial, Lt=
d website - <a href=3D"http://www.canonical.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://=
www.canonical.com/</a><br>[7] - Art of Community website - <a href=3D"http:=
//www.artofcommunityonline.org/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.artofcommunit=
tp://internationalwomensday.com/centenary.asp"
 target=3D"_blank">http://internationalwomensday.com/centenary.asp</a><br>[=
9] - Ubuntu Women Website - <a href=3D"http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Home" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Home</a><br>[10] - Ubuntu Wom=
untu-Women</a><br>[11] - Ubuntu Women IRC Channel #ubuntu-women on freenode=
 [dot] net<br>[12] - Ubuntu Women IRC Channel #ubuntu-women-project on free=
node [dot] net<br>[13] - Ubuntu Women Forum - <a href=3D"http://ubuntuforum=
s.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3D76" target=3D"_blank">http://ubuntuforums.org/fo=
=3D"http://amber.redvoodoo.org/" target=3D"_blank">http://amber.redvoodoo.o=
rg/</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-=
You-in-Ubuntu"
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You=
rs who don't care how the kernel works, but<br>only want to use it. That is=
--0-757001452-1268120869=:77634--