[ko loco] The Korean Ubuntu Users' meeting was held on August 23rd

Choi, JiHui like.a.dust at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 10:46:38 BST 2008

Hello, everyone.
I'm Choi, JiHui(Mr.Dust), a member of the ubuntu korean community and
the korean locoteam.(http://ubuntu.or.kr)
This is my first letter on this list, and I can't speak English very
well. so I hope you, guys to forgive me, if I do something wrong.

By the way, our news is below.

The Korean Ubuntu Users' meeting was held in Seoul on August 23rd,
2008 from 2:00PM to 6:00PM. Many users (mostly from Seoul area) showed
up to :
1. Introduce each person by themselves.
picture : http://ubuntu.or.kr/download/file.php?id=1072

2. Participate in hardware give-and-take, where people would bring in
computer parts that they are not using and give them to others who
need them
picture : http://ubuntu.or.kr/download/file.php?id=1038

3. Help each other set up their Ubuntu installs on various devices,
such as pmp, umpc, a lot of laptop.
picture : http://ubuntu.or.kr/download/file.php?id=1039

4. Give presentation and participate in discussion
1) "Creating Ubuntu packages and utilizing Korean PPA" (by haze11)
picture : http://ubuntu.or.kr/download/file.php?id=1042
2) "Open source, translation and participation" (by Mr. Dust)
picture : http://ubuntu.or.kr/download/file.php?id=1043

All in all, we had a lot of fun meeting other Ubuntu users and helping
each other out.
picture : http://ubuntu.or.kr/download/file.php?id=1051

thanks. :)

--