Fridge upgraded to use OpenID

Joey Stanford joey at canonical.com
Thu Oct 9 20:30:57 BST 2008

Hi,

The good news: The Fridge has been updated to use the custom OpenID
module in which access is managed via the Launchpad Fridge Editor's
team.

The not so good news:  Despite testing this internally, when we
deployed it last night we found some issues.  The developer is
reporting to me that he'll have some fixes ready tomorrow.  I'll see
if we can't upgrade the Fridge again tomorrow.  The biggest issue is
that users can register with the Fridge (but can't do anything).  If
we wanted them to leave comments then it wouldn't be an issue.

Also, I've asked about moving the login button off the front page as
Nick has suggested.

Stay tuned.

Joey