Moving Team and LoCo Announcements to the Fridge

Nick Ali nali at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 10 06:04:32 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 00:29 -0700, John Crawford wrote:
>> The problem I see with that is we(the editors) are going to be swamped
>> with requests to add meetings, events, etc. Not that we couldn't do it.
>> It seems to me if we had a place on Launchpad then we could add teams
>> and who could post from the team and let them do it themselves. ????
>>

> It's drupal, and as such has a syndicate option. You could syndicate the
> RSS feeds that are currently being published to p.u.c to the fridge
> instead?
>
> That's what we do at lug.org.uk, we syndicate news from the individual
> LUGs in the UK onto the lug.org.uk site.
>
> http://lug.org.uk/aggregator/news

Unfortunately, with the built in drupal aggregator module, there is no
way to select individual stories that should appear on the site. Its
all or nothing. And there is no easy way to integrate nodes from
imported news feeds into the front page, mixed in with other stories.
They would have to appear separately on their own page.

This does bring up a different point. Maybe the Fridge needs a
different structure. LoCos could have their own page (meaning all LoCo
specific feeds would show up under one page, like
fridge.ubuntu.com/locos), MOTU/QA under a separate page, etc. I'm just
not sure thats the way to go.

nick

--

http://boredandblogging.com