Moving Team and LoCo Announcements to the Fridge

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jul 8 10:24:44 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 00:29 -0700, John Crawford wrote:
> The problem I see with that is we(the editors) are going to be swamped
> with requests to add meetings, events, etc. Not that we couldn't do it.
> It seems to me if we had a place on Launchpad then we could add teams
> and who could post from the team and let them do it themselves. ????

It's drupal, and as such has a syndicate option. You could syndicate the
RSS feeds that are currently being published to p.u.c to the fridge
instead?

That's what we do at lug.org.uk, we syndicate news from the individual
LUGs in the UK onto the lug.org.uk site.

http://lug.org.uk/aggregator/news

Dunno if that's any use, but it only requires us (admins) to add an RSS
feed, no further maintenance required.

It's a built in module in drupal too.

Cheers,
Al.