Repeating events in the calendar

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Dec 17 15:57:53 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Nick Ali <nali at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Joey Stanford <joey at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Hi James,
>>
>> Yes, this is correct. We cannot install the event repeat module due to
>> security holes though.  The new events system for 6 is being
>> completely rewritten so upgrading doesn't buy us anything either. :-(
>
> Matthew is looking into upgrading the Fridge to Drupal 6. He is
> investigating if any of the modules can help alleviate some of these
> issues.
>
> Matthew, have you had any luck yet?

Well, I talked to Karen Stevenson last week, the author of CCK and
also to Earl Miles, the author of Views2. CCK/Views2 are the suggested
routes and on my test site on localhost I have it set up and working.
The only problem is that the rss feed appears to only show the next
event, not all future events in the occurrence.

However from a security perspective and a future upgrade path
perspective I believe CCK is the way to go and advocate using that.
I've asked around on the #drupal-support and #drupal channels but I
think event recurrences are not commonly used so am having trouble
getting help.

I will keep trying, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. First I'll
set up a public test site to make it easier to get help.

--
Matthew Nuzum