[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbuntu theme updates on stable releases

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Mon Sep 17 15:12:55 UTC 2012

Recently there have been some quite major updates to the Mythbuntu
theme, which will be visible to anyone who keeps the theme updated
either via the theme chooser or via the package. In my opinion, I think
it would be better for such major changes to the theme to not take place
in a stable, released version of MythTV or of Mythbuntu. I think that if
a user installs a particular version of Myth, and chooses the Mythbuntu
theme, they should expect the theme to look the same and not change
until they update to, e.g., 0.26.

Obviously bug fixes are fine, and even minor additions such as adding
the metadata editor in Watch Recordings which was not previously there,
but some of the recent changes are bigger than that, or have been tried
then later reverted (such as the scrolling text). Some users may think
that the Mythbuntu theme devs are doing "experiments" in what should be
a stable release.

Of course, experiments and big changes can take place in a "dev" version
of the theme, or for 0.26 or 0.27 until they are released as stable.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T