[ubuntu-mythtv] Patches for Mythbuntu theme 25.24

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Sep 12 16:04:39 UTC 2012

Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> says:
> I'm also not 100% sold on the sliding panes, as it doesn't appear to
> have everything slide into place (for instance, on the schedule
> guide, the backgrounds slide into place but the actual show content
> doesn't slide anywhere so that looks odd).

Sorry; it's a bug in MythUI (just filed as #11084) that causes the
guidegrid code to not inherit <animation> when specified in the parent
window. I had assumed that the guidegrid code couldn't be animated at
all, but after reading your message did some experimenting and found
to my surprise that it can, if specifically told; it'll be fixed in
the next iteration.

Some windows are intentionally non-animated. Schedule Editor and its
children aren't because it's possible a user will fairly rapidly move
between them and animation would become too obnoxious. I tried using
the same slidedown animation with an even shorter interval, but then
found that exiting to Watch Recordings would not properly refresh the
screen (possibly another MythUI bug). The various priority windows
aren't animated to be consistent with other Setup screens, which can't
be themed.