[ubuntu-mythtv] cannot connect to mythconverg

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Mon Sep 10 06:51:11 UTC 2012

On 2012/09/09 21:44, Marc Randolph wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans at geograph.co.za> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> since running an update a week or so back, my 12.04 backend/frontend box
>> keeps putting me to the language/keyboard screen.
>> I've found that this is because it can no longer connect to mythconverg.
>>
>> I've just spent the last our tearing my hair out with google, but no
>> solution yet.
>>
>> Please can someone give me some pointers to solving this.
>>
>> Also, how to make this startup re-config not respawn itself, as it locks me
>> out and I have to ssh in from another box.
>
> Hi Zoltan,
>
> I have a brief moment to shoot an email here... what kinds of things
> have you tried?  Is mysql running and is there a mythconverg database?
yes, yes - also tried chmod -R 777 on the directory

>      Marc

Hi Marc,
I found that I could log into mythconverg from a console, but mythtv
couldn't.  As I have zero sql abilities I could not, quickly enough,
find commands to change permissions to the tables, and check existing
users and passwords, so I simply re-installed mysql and mthtv - and I
now have a working system. (Well, perhaps only until I next reboot ;-) )

Thanks for your interest,
Kind regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za