[ubuntu-mythtv] Higher load averages after upgrade to mythbuntu 12.04/Mythtv 0.25

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Mon May 14 22:24:39 UTC 2012

It's true that load doesn't tell the whole story. Waiting for i/o will
drive the load numbers up. You should see higher %wa for the cpu when
there's a lot of waiting going on. It's possible to achieve high load
numbers (in the 10-30 second range) with i/o bound processes utilizing
very little cpu, for instance when syncing a raid-1 mirror.

--
-Eric 'shubes'