[ubuntu-mythtv] Higher load averages after upgrade to mythbuntu 12.04/Mythtv 0.25

Nick Caldwell kg6nmp at gmail.com
Fri May 11 03:35:50 UTC 2012

Actually it looks like the numbers are a bit lower than they were when I
first installed, but still higher than I would think and idling machine
should be at. I am running 3.2.0-24 kernel. When I first installed this
version the load average was between .7 and .8, I have run Myth back to .22
I think? I don't remember them ever being that high just at idle. Today
they are in the .3s. When I took this my box had only been up 3.5 hours, it
turns itself on right before I get home and shuts itself off late on work
nights, so I generally don't have it up for more than 3 days at a time over
a weekend.

>From /proc/cpuinfo:
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 35
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
stepping        : 2

[image: Inline image 1]