[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbuntu 12.04 install hangs at "stopping kernel save messages"

Dave Thacker dthacker-list at bluestrain.net
Thu Jun 7 04:45:46 UTC 2012

On Friday, June 01, 2012 08:10:38 AM GEORGE GATEWOOD wrote:
> I am going to take a wild guess here. I wonder if this is intel graphics
> related.
>
> You didn't mention if the cd ran fine in live mode or if you had
> successfully installed other versions of Ubuntu with this hardware

I'll just gather all the replies here......

I changed the default video card to "AGP" in the BIOS and slipped in an Nvidia
card.   I get just a bit farther in the boot process.    I now see:
disabling saned;  editing /etc/saned
...a few network services start ....
Checking Battery state                         [OK]
and then it hangs up.

It hangs the same place on a xubuntu install CD  (12.04, i386)

The tab and enter keyboard suggestion does not work.

I cannot locate a "safe video" mode in the kernel options.

I did try a boot option for "Some Dells" that set aicp7xxx to "no_probe" but
that did not help.

Hoping someone else has seen this.  Thanks in advance

DT

--
Dave Thacker
Sysadmin, Postmaster, DBA, odd jobs