[ubuntu-mythtv] Accessing recordings from previous installation (0.24)

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Tue Jan 24 20:50:01 UTC 2012

I recently rebuilt my mythbuntu 11.10 (mythtv 0.24) backend. I have
recordings from my previous host (also from 0.24) stored on a separate
drive (/mnt/stor1/recordings) which no longer show up as recorded programs.

I've changed the default storage location in the backend to point to
this directory, and new recordings are going there, but the old ones
aren't showing up anywhere.

I found the http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth_video_scan.py script that is
for 0.24, but when I run it as the mythtv user, It simply says
"Performing Scan ..." then ends without adding anything.

My python skills are not quite good enough that I can tell what the
problem is. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this script to
work with my configuration?

TIA.

--
-Eric 'shubes'