[ubuntu-mythtv] Mirrors

Thomas Mashos tgm4883 at mythbuntu.org
Wed Feb 22 14:29:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Douglas Hall <doug at dougsemail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We’re starting a new site dedicated to home entertainment/server and would
> like to mirror Mythbuntu if that’s ok.. We would feature Mythbuntu on the
> site heavily.
>
> At present, we can offer about 30Gb of space, and 800Mb+ of Bandwidth..
> (These limits aren’t hard, and more can be made available)
>

> Please let me know if you are interested.. It would be great news for us to
> be associated with Mythbuntu..
>

> Thanks
>
> Doug

Hello Doug,

That's great to hear. Currently we use a round robin script to try and
limit how much bandwidth we use in a month for a given mirror. We also
only keep current + last LTS (although this will likely change in the
future as we go LTS only), so we only need a < 5GB of storage. You
will also need to setup a vhost, as we direct to
COUNTRY.cdimages.mythbuntu.org (eg. uk.cdimages.mythbuntu.org)

Mirrors use the following command to grab the images. The --delete is
optional, it just won't remove the ISO's when we remove them from our
server.

rsync --delete -arvv rsync://uk.cdimages.mythbuntu.org/iso /path/to/save/to/

Where is your mirror located?
How much monthly bandwidth would you like us to stay under?

Thanks,

Thomas