[ubuntu-mythtv] Mythbuntu theme discussion information

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:04:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Jeremy Jones <jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Jeremy Jones
>> <jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com> wrote:

>> zoltans at geograph.co.za>

>> it.
>> this,

>> > Are you sure it's not prompting you that the updated theme is
>> available?  I
>> > have gotten that message since Thomas committed two updates in the last
>> > week.
>> >
>> > Jeremy
>> >

>> > --
>> >

>> Were you getting the prompt for the 0.26 theme on a 0.25 installation?
>>

>> Not sure.  the prompt just said that the new theme was available, and
> identified the theme version number, that did not specify which mythTV
> version it was for.  I can say that I updated once to the new theme, after
> your first commit, then I got a second prompt this morning notifying me
> that another update was available.  If I remember correctly the last 2
> digits were .20.
>
> Since I dismissed the prompt, It probably won't come back.  I assumed that
> it was just an update the theme for 0.25.
>
> Maybe I can get a screen shot on my other front-end, if my daughter
> doesn't dismiss the prompt before I get home.
>

> Jeremy
>

> BTW: to answer the original question:

To update to 0.26 (provided you have the mythBuntu Repros installed) you
would open the mythBuntu control center and set the repository for 0.26.
 Not sure the menu item it is under, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

To update to the newest theme (in 0.25 or 0.26) from inside the mythTV
frontend, you would go to the theme chooser and select the newer version
from the listed themes.  It will then download that version and set it to
you current theme.

Jeremy