[ubuntu-mythtv] Need help setting up Logitech Harmony remote for Myth

vince vbcoen at btconnect.com
Tue Sep 27 11:24:51 UTC 2011

Hi;

On Monday 26 Sep 2011 23:40:59 Cliff Dunn wrote:
> I purchased this no-name remote/ir receiver (
> http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-USB-Remote-Control-Mouse/dp/B001M56DI0/ref=s
> r_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317047209&sr=8-2) with the sole intention of using the

Here is the site/location which has the drivers / setups for a lot of remotes.

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/

Check if yours is there.

If you have a Windows environment install the drivers that came with your
remote along with the hardware and check out what the hardware is using the
system settings - hardware then select the correct drivers from sourceforge.
Don't forget to un-install the drivers from Windows afterwards.

Out of interest I have a Hauppauge TV card but purchased a Microsoft remote
via Ebay and that is supported and works better than the tacky one supplied
with the card.

Vince