[ubuntu-mythtv] Need help setting up Logitech Harmony remote for Myth

Cliff Dunn alldunn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:40:59 UTC 2011

I purchased this no-name remote/ir receiver (
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-USB-Remote-Control-Mouse/dp/B001M56DI0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317047209&sr=8-2)
with the sole intention of using the ir receiver only for this purpose.  It
was my impression that basically any ir receiver would work.  Perhaps I was
mistaken?  If you feel that I purchased something that will not work, can
you make a recommendation?  And also, would a ir keyboard be easier to
program with the Harmony remote?  Just trying to decide what direction I
need to go in to make my Myth setup as functional as possible with a
remote.  Thanks so much for your input.
Cliff