[ubuntu-mythtv] Need help setting up Logitech Harmony remote for Myth

Cliff Dunn alldunn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 20:56:23 UTC 2011

I posted this same question on the Mythbuntu
forums<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1850431>,
but also wanted to post it to this mailing list to get maximum exposure.

It is becoming increasingly evident that I need some serious hand-holding in
getting my Logitech Harmony One setup and working with Mythbuntu. This is
essentially the last thing left on my setup list to get my new Mythbuntu box
up and running. I will try to explain what I have done so far and what has
and hasn't worked. I am truly hoping this is much simpler than it seems.

I purchased this<http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-USB-Remote-Control-Mouse/dp/B001M56DI0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317047209&sr=8-2>for
the sole purpose of using the ir receiver with my Harmony One. I have
tried to follow the steps outlined
here<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup>as well
as
here<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Soundgraph_iMON_Antec_Veris_Mythbuntu_10.10>,
but when I run irw I get nothing from the Harmony (I am currently using a
mythtv profile for the Harmony as the KnoppMyth profile seemingly provided
no commands at all). I have programed the Harmony One through the Logitech
software by learning from the remote that came with the ir receiver using
the raw commands. The few commands that I was able to teach my Harmony
actually show up in irw. Essentially that is the only commands that have
shown up from the Harmony and this remote from Amazon doesn't really provide
the necessary functionality that I need to program the Harmony for Mythtv
use.

I thought I could figure this out on my own, but I think my frustration at
this point may be hindering any further progress. If there is more relevant
information that I can provide, I will be happy to as I am ready to get this
box going so I can dump my $100/month satellite bill! Any help that you can
offer would be sincerely appreciated.