[ubuntu-mythtv] White noise occuring after forward/backward selections

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 9 23:05:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 09:26, vince <vbcoen at btconnect.com> wrote:

> Running current Mythbuntu and the same for the previous update I have a
> silly
> problem for which I have not found a solution.
>
> Occurs during watching a recorded program or a video.
> When pressing the forward skip or backward skip and on auto advert skip and
> sometimes at the start instead of the normal audio I get white noise.
>
> Only fix so far is to skip forward and backwards until it goes and audio
> returns.
>
> Running with all current updates for 0.24.1 mythtv as well as all mythbuntu
> updates.
>
> Anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to fix this issue?

This is a problem with pulseaudio and mythtv's interaction.  I take it you
are running Ubuntu with the mythbuntu mythtv packages added on?  If you
don't have a need for anything else on this box, I recommend you switch to
XFCE and don't use pulseaudio at all.  If you do use the box for other
stuff, there are some tweaks you can try.

You can read about them at

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/mythtv/+bug/550100
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8769

Mario Limonciello