[ubuntu-mythtv] New to Mythbuntu ... with some questions

T. Ermlich pelegrine at gmx.net
Wed May 4 04:10:05 UTC 2011

Good morning Mario,

Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com> schrieb am 03.05.2011 17:25:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 13:08, T. Ermlich <pelegrine at gmx.net
> <mailto:pelegrine at gmx.net>> wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply! :)

[...]

> At least as far back as 2008 this stick was working from what I understand.

Yes, that's what I initially found, and so I was pretty surprised it
didnÄt work.

> What's the problem you're having in MythTV?  Is it not detecting
> channels when scanning?  Nothing seems to stand out as a problem in the
> above syslog.

No action started, eg. when clicking "Sendersuche" (as I'm german I run
Mythbuntu in german, the english term is "channel scan" I think),
nothing happened. I clicked on "Sendersuche" and that's it (and Yes, the
button was clickable ;) ).

But by pure chance I found the error: the Hauppauge Nova-TD USB-Stick
has to be connected to an USB 2.0 port. When connecting it to an USB 1.1
port it gets recognized, but can't be used. When connecting it to an USB
2.0 port it gets recongnized & can be used (I did 2 test recordings last
night).

>     Second: T-Home IPTV
>     Is it possible to watch the free & non-DRM programs to T-Home? Its a
>     german IPTV collection provided by Deutsche Telekom.
>     I found already playlists which should work, or at least they worked
>     in the past, but I didn't get anything when using them
>     (Eg.
>     http://claus.freakempire.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/thomeiptv.m3u
>     or http://www.multimedia4linux.de/howto/t_home_iptv.m3u).
>     Using T-Home_vlc10x.m3u (provided by
>     http://www.ard-digital.de/files/27/67/Deutsche%20Telekom_vlc10x.zip)
>     I get perfects motions within VLC.
>
>     Any chance to get the USB stick working, and the IPTV stuff?
>

> Unsure on the IPTV stuff.  You might have better luck on the
> mythtv-users mailing list with this one as it's exposed to more people.

Ah .. ok - I'll try it there later, too.

>     Thanks in advance!
>
>     cu
>     Torsten

Bye