[ubuntu-mythtv] MythTV-Updates, Mythbuntu-Updates, and driver updates

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:39:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Eloy Paris <peloy at chapus.net> wrote:

> On 02/11/2011 05:57 PM, Marc Randolph wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>  Sorry but I haven't been following mythtv-users or the development list in
>>> while, but I'm curious... what is Daniel developing on this branch?
>>>

>> Howdy Eloy,
>>
>> That's covered here:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Branches#dkristjansson.2Fmythtv-rec
>>

> Ahh, cool, thanks! Wasn't aware of this page :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eloy Paris.-

Thanks all.  I had another thought.

I am building an standalone experimental backend/frontend.  My plan would be
to install Mythbuntu 10.04 and enable both the MythTV-Updates and
Mythbuntu-Updates repositories for .25.  When support is added to .25 for
the Ceton InifiniTV 4 card, there may be changes needed to support the card
from a driver level.  Will any driver or system level updates required by
.25 happen without additional intervention?