[ubuntu-mythtv] Some questions about functions

Håken Hveem krbjhvee at online.no
Sun Nov 14 18:24:54 GMT 2010

Does Mythbuntu have a NAS function, a printer server, and Squeezebox Server?

Does it have gui's for the mentioned functions ?

If it has a NAS function,can it be accessed remote over the net ?

Can torrents/downloads be managed remotely ?

I know that Mythbuntu uses LIRC.
Does it exist a GUI used to set it up, and to "learn" the signals from other IR remotes ?
Something like press 1 on the remote to learn the command for digit number one and so forth.

the hardware i am planning to use is:

cabinet:
Antec Fusion Remote Sort EU

PSU
SI-A300-P3
Chieftec Micro-ATX

Hard-drive:
270W PFC 20/24
WD10EARS
Western Digital Caviar GreenPower,1TB Sata 3 Gb/s 64MB

Motherboard:
GA-P55-USB3 Gigabyte P55 Socket-1156 DDR3,ATX GbLAN USB3.0 PCI-E

CPU (quad core):
BX80605I5760 INTEL Core I5-760 2800MHz,LGA1156 8M cache
ASAS535G (64 bit support )

Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste

CPU cooler:
Scythe CPU-cooler Ninja Mini rev.B

RAM:
4 GB kit:
CMX4GX3M2A16Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz
Corsair XMS3 - 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3
4 GB : 2 x 2 GB generic
DDR3 SDRAM
DIMM 240-pin
1600 MHz ( PC3-12800 )