[ubuntu-mythtv] linux-firmware-nonfree fixes

Chase Douglas chase.douglas at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 9 03:28:41 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi Chase:
> Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I'll add the mythbuntu bug team
> to a subscription for the bugs.  Keep in mind we are still rather short
> handed though, and rely on core-devs and MOTU's to help sponsor bug fixes.

My MOTU for getting firmware stuff uploaded has been Tim Gardner, also of the
canonical kernel team. If you need a firmware package uploaded, he can help out.

> Since you have taken an interest in MythTV and helping with this package in
> the first place would you mind continuing to help watchdog the package
> though in your non Canonical time perhaps too?  It looks like once these
> last few items are sorted out, the bug rate should hopefully be pretty low
> for the package.

Yep. I'll watch them too. I just wanted you all in Mythbuntu land to
know that any
help I and others provide on the kernel team is outside of Canonical provided
support (unless you get redistribution licenses so we can put the files into
linux-firmware instead :). On one of the recent bugs I worked on, people seemed
rather upset that we hadn't fixed a firmware file in quite some time in
linux-firmware-nonfree. I'm just helping people realize that the package is not
supported by Canonical, so we rely on the community to help us get stuff fixed
with it.

> It's certainly one of those things that can help add another notch for when
> you request MOTU or core-dev yourself.

If and when that time comes, I will keep this in mind.

Thanks,
Chase