[ubuntu-mythtv] Problems Finding Backend after Move???

Karl PT kpk187 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 01:20:16 BST 2010

Hi, about a year ago I also ran into this same problem. It turned out
that changing the IP address of the master back-end was the issue. I
also use a low-end box for the master back-end, however because the
Hauppauge card I have is an encoding card, it works fine with old
hardware. If I recall correctly, the Hauppauge HVR-1600 is also an
encoding card. While I am not a mythbuntu or mythtv developer, I do know
that setting the master back-end's IP address back to what it was fixed
the issue for me. In case you don't know: you can find your recordings
in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings. I hope this email helps solve your

   - Karl