[ubuntu-mythtv] Problems Finding Backend after Move???

Lawrence Houston mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 13 18:58:53 BST 2010

MythTV Users:

Initially I had a "Part-Time" MythTV (Mythbuntu 10.04) Backend running on
my Desktop Computer (DELL GX280: 2.4 GHz, 2 MB RAM) and it seemed to
working fine...  Then I was given a Clone (ASUS CUSL2: 1 GHz, 512 MB) with
intention of making it a "Permanent" Backend...  Moved the "Existing"
MythTV Backend's HD and Hauppauge HVR-1600 into the ASUS CUSL2 Clone...
Adjusted the Bind and DHCP Daemon on my Local Ubuntu 8.04 Server for the
"New" DNS Hostname/IP Address Combo of the ASUS CUSL2 Clone and the
/etc/hostname and /etc/hosts on the Existing MythTV Backend's HD to
reflect those changes...  Adjusted the IP Address/DNS Hostname of the
MythTV Frontends and Windows Clients (who access MythTV through its Web
Interface) and now I am having problems pulling the existing TV Recording
over the LAN...  Either doing nothing transfers or there is a complaint
about there being NO MythTV Backend at that IP Address!!!!

Is there more to change on a MythTV Backend which has been moved to a
"New" Machine/DNS Hostname/IP Address or is a ASUS CUSL2 just NOT strong
enough to be a "Permanent" MythTV Backend (Analog ONLY Recording from our
Cable TV Service)???  I wanted to keep the existing MythTV Installation
with the TV Shows which have already been recorded, rather than installing
a "Fresh" MythTV Backend on the ASUS CUSL2 Clone...

Lawrence Houston  --  (MythTV at GREENFIELD.dyndns.org)