[ubuntu-mythtv] Is a PDF version of the Installation guide still needed if it's all on the wiki?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sat Feb 13 05:30:30 GMT 2010

Howdy all,

Last month I migrated the latest, but still very much outdated,
installation manual to the new wiki.  The last meaningful update to
the manual appears to have been in the 8.10 time-frame, but it is
obvious that many of the items refer to MythTV 0.20
features/settings/modes.

So... here we are in the last stretch before the release of 10.04 and
we're ready for everyone (users and developers alike) to chip in and
find areas of the documentation that need major or minor cleanup!
Some sections may need to be re-written completely, and others deleted
altogether.  You'll find placeholders for screenshots (we need new
ones showing the very well received Mythbuntu theme).  It's a wiki -
so don't be shy!  Working on it is as simple as:

1. visiting http://www.mythbuntu.org/wiki
2. log in (easy is via OpenID, for example, https://launchpad.net/~username)
3. edit!

Again, don't be shy; there is lots of work to be done - minor as well
as major editing.  Just do what is right for the project.  If you have
questions, feel free to send an email to this list, or stop by
#ubuntu-mythtv-dev on freenode.

Have fun!

   Marc