[ubuntu-mythtv] Updates on beta version

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Fri Apr 16 00:04:47 BST 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I want to try the new beta2 of mythbuntu.
>
> If I install it, I can go updating to get the stable version?
>
> Or when the this beta goes stable, I must install it again?

Howdy Josu,

A reinstall is not necessary to obtain the "final" release - updates
(possibly quite a few) will bring you up to the final release.
One way to skip a number of those updates would be to use the nearly
final snapshot .iso:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/mythbuntu/daily-live/current/
Fair warning: the daily .iso SHOULD be as good or better than the
beta2 disk, but if you run into troubles or crashes, fall back and
install beta2 (and please report the problem).

Lastly, after install, the development team typically encourage users
to consider enabling the mythtv auto-builds so that they receive bug
fixes on the mythtv software:
http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to post on the
Mythbuntu forums!

   Marc